The rolling and steel industry is particularly energy-intensive. Reducing energy consumption is correspondingly important, especially in times of skyrocketing energy prices. This can also be done by improving productivity. At the same time, customers in the rolling and steel industry are demanding ever better qualities. Other challenges are the automation and digitalisation of processes as well as the tightening environmental standards.
The production process is extremely demanding and requires optimised material handling and scrap management that can withstand the tough operating and environmental conditions. Mayfran offers a wide range of material handling solutions tailored to this for customers in the rolling and steel industry:
- Conveyors for metal scrap processing as well as bulk material transport and material processing systems,
- Robust and operationally reliable conveyor technology and other conveyor systems for in-house material transport,
- Industry-specific sorting and separation systems that optimise material flow and reduce waste,
- Raw material and waste pre-treatment and treatment systems that make production more efficient and environmentally friendly,
- Cooling systems for rolling mills,
- Cooling lubricant treatment for machining and cooling of rolls.